Well, I had a disappearing 9-patch top put together that I didn't know what to do with. I decided I could use it for this, add an applique of a pug (which I'm still very inexperienced at), and border it.
I found the cutest little pug applique pattern from FourTwinSisters.com. The quilt is almost done. The top is anyways, I just have to sandwich, quilt and then bind it. It's a good size. It'll finish at about 54" x 64". Probably bigger than a lap quilt, and smaller than a twin, but it'll be nice to cuddle under on the couch. I think it's too big to be a wall hanging, but I'll put a sleeve on it anyways.
My design wall is very small, I really need a bigger wall. This little area can't even fit the whole quilt.
I hope the Board members like it. Odds are it will be raffled off, so I hope it brings a good amount of money for the Rescue.
After this I know I need a lot more practice doing applique.
Now to finish the mending I started yesterday before we head to Smith's Fall's (Jim's mom's) for Thanksgiving.