Others sometimes don't realize how much effort, thinking, planning, doing, re-doing that goes into a project.
So I'm going to do my best to document/post the process I go through with each of the projects I'm working on.
I've posted the button on the left side, click to link to the description and put one on your blog if you're going to do the same.
Enjoy the process!
I, Laurie Holcombe, pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear. I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there.
Things to think about while going through a project:
- Do you have any new sketches to show?
- Is this design inspired by a past quilt or someone else's quilt you saw (link, please)?
- Does the color palette come from somewhere specific?
- Are you trying to evoke a specific feeling?
- Is this quilt intended for a specific person? How did that inform your choices?
- Are you following a pattern, emulating a block you saw somewhere, using a liberated process, or totally winging it?
- What are you hating about this quilt at this stage? What do you love?
- Did you push yourself to try something new?
- In working on the quilt, are you getting ideas about what you might want to try next? What? Did you sketch it?